2. Zombie shoppers Facebook articles about not fracking and anti-oil to their friends and still buy useless plastic items destined for landfill in less than a year.
3. Zombie shoppers prefer commercial art over something unique, the million and tenth print of a squiggle in ikea, ready framed hangs on their walls.
3. Zombie shoppers don't want the oceans polluted for the dolphins but put all their vegetables in disposable plastic bags because "it's convenient."
4. Zombie shoppers are militant about anti-slavery but have no problem with the way our food and clothing is produced with slave labour, or simple shrug and say "oh dear."
5. Zombie shoppers love being in the "free world" where most families need two working parents and one in six kids doesn't have enough to eat. All this is okay because xyz (fill in the blank). Time for a foreign vacation ignoring the pollution air travel causes and to upgrade your shampoo because "you're worth it."
6. Zombie shoppers walk down the meat aisles with the children they have taught to love animals and watch movies where animals talk and sing. They do this despite knowing the appalling conditions the animals are kept in and that increasingly science is showing that the animals are intelligent and can feel not only pain but sadness and fear. Being "squeamish" is "silly" to a zombie shopper.
7. Zombie shoppers make unnecessary purchases that they know contribute to pollution or environmental devastation somewhere and deplete's the financial resources of their family and Facebook pictures of the "cute" item to their friends who then make the same of similar purchases to Facebook back to them. OMG. ROFL. LOL. Then they fret about if their children will face an uncertain future because of all this damage "other people" are causing.
This is a growing list, Mia is still learning how to spot those Zombie shoppers...